Wisconsin Alliance for Infant Mental Health (WI-AIMH) is a statewide nonprofit which promotes infant and early childhood mental health and healthy social and emotional development through raising public awareness, developing professional capacity and advocating for policies which are in the best interest of infants, young children and their families. We aim for all Wisconsin infants and young children to reach their fullest potential through nurturing and consistent relationships within the context of family, community and culture.
Posting: Administrative Assistant .5 FTE
Provide programmatic, administrative, and clerical support for the staff of the Wisconsin Alliance for Infant Mental Health (WI-AIMH); provide administrative support for WI-AIMH’s Executive Director
- Support Executive Director by providing administrative and clerical assistance, including: correspondence, editing, travel arrangements, and support for specific projects.
- Manage and arrange for maintenance of office environment; maintain office appearance.
- Perform basic IT duties; refer to Communications Specialist and IT consultant as needed.
- Create, organize, and maintain hard copy and electronic files.
- Perform faxing, scanning and photocopying.
- Track and order office supplies; manage and place equipment/supply orders; maintain office equipment and troubleshoot or make repair arrangements when needed.
- Organize and schedule meetings and events as needed.
- Correspond with building management when necessary.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Field questions via phone and email; redirect inquiries to appropriate staff.
- Provide administrative support to WI-AIMH staff as needed.
- Assist with billing and financial procedures, to include: processing incoming membership/donation money; tracking invoices and purchase orders; corresponding with accountant; preparing and processing bank deposits.
- Support organizational operations at the direction of the Executive Director.
- Disseminate informational and public awareness materials as requested.
- Support membership and endorsement activities.
- Provide administrative support for annual conference activities.
- Assist with events including securing venues, arranging logistics with speakers, ordering food, communicating with participants, coordinating vendors, providing event support.
- Attend board and staff meetings; record and disseminate minutes; maintain board documentation.
- Collect and assemble informational materials to be distributed at events; create sign-up forms, registration forms and attendance certificates; staff check-in tables at events when necessary.
- Maintain organizational calendar notifying staff of upcoming deadlines and due dates. Schedule various organization meeting dates.
- Follow and update office procedures to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to attend to detail and manage multiple projects/tasks from start to finish
- Good judgment and organizational ability to prioritize and organize workload to meet daily demands as well as respond to urgent situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact with a wide range of stakeholders in a pleasant and respectful manner
- Strong customer service skills as evidenced by positive and timely response to internal and external partners
- Must be self-directed with the ability to function independently
- Intermediate to advanced skill level with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required. Some experience with Access and PowerPoint. Experience with office creativity software preferred.
- Interest in WI-AIMH’s mission and willingness to learn discipline-specific content.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: none
General office environment located in Madison; willingness to travel 10% of time and valid driver’s license; ability to sit for 8 hours or more; ability to lift 30 lbs. Office hours are typically 9am to 5pm. Individual hours will be negotiated with the candidate.
This is a half-time hourly position. A generous benefits package including health/dental and paid time off is available.
To apply, please send a resume and letter of interest to Kathie Magin, WI-AIMH Assistant Executive Director at email@example.com by June 15, 2018
In accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act, the above is intended to summarize the essential functions of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not meant to be an exhaustive list of miscellaneous duties and responsibilities that may be requested in the performance of this job. WI-AIMH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
As a non-partisan organization, Wisconsin Alliance for Infant Mental Health (WI-AIMH) supports ALL Wisconsin babies and their families, and ALL professionals who work with or on behalf of families, without regard to race, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, country of origin, heritage, or political affiliation.