WI-AIMH strives to promote infant mental health through building awareness, promoting professional capacity, fostering partnerships and supporting policies which are in the best interest of infants, young children and their families.
We aim for all Wisconsin infants and young children to reach their fullest potential through nurturing and consistent relationships within the context of family, community, and culture.
- Relationships are central to all aspects of our work
- Interactions with others are defined by mutual respect and trust
- Reflective interactions are supported and encouraged
- Self-care, flexibility and professional development is critical to quality work
- Passion drives our work
- Developing capacities of individuals, organizations and systems are built upon strengths
- Open, honest and direct communication is necessary for the lived experience of our values and the accomplishment of our mission
Our Strategies Used to Promote Infant Mental Health Include:
- Increase public awareness of the influence of early experiences and relationships and impact on development
- Develop professional capacities to understand and support infants and young children within their relationships
- Foster partnerships, policies and best practices to better support healthy development in infants, young children and their families