NOMINATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED!
The 2018 James R. Ryan Achievement Award
The James R. Ryan Achievement Award is given by the Wisconsin Alliance for Infant Mental Health (WI-AIMH) to an individual who has made a significant contribution to the social-emotional development of infants, young children and their families within a Wisconsin community, thus demonstrating a commitment to the mission and vision of WI-AIMH:
Vision: We aim for all Wisconsin infants and young children to reach their fullest potential through nurturing and consistent relationships within the context of family, community, and culture.
Mission: WI-AIMH strives to promote infant mental health through building awareness, promoting professional capacity, fostering partnerships and supporting policies in the best interest of infants, young children and their families.
Jim Ryan, Co-founder and Godfather of WI-AIMH, was tireless in his efforts to improve the lives of individuals and groups in his local community and state. His passion to make life better for all children was evident in his lifetime efforts to collaborate with others in political, service, and advocacy arenas. The James R. Ryan Achievement Award honors his contribution to the establishment of the Wisconsin Alliance for Infant Mental Health.
Any interested party may nominate an individual who has made a significant contribution to promote Infant Mental Health through building awareness, promoting professional capacity, fostering partnerships and supporting policies in the best interest of infants, young children and their families.
One complimentary full conference registration will be awarded to the award recipient.
Please complete and submit the Nomination Form by February 2, 2018 to:
Mail: Wisconsin Alliance for Infant Mental Health
ATTN: Kathie Magin
133 S. Butler St., Suite 340
Madison, WI 53703
Fax: (608) 441-8920
REVIEW, SELECTION and PRESENTATION
- Nominations will be accepted until February 2, 2018.
- WI-AIMH will review and post complete applications on WI-AIMH’s website on February 9, 2018.
- Voting by current WI-AIMH members will be open from February 9 through February 23, 2018.
- To determine the awardee, voters should consider the extent to which the candidates have made a significant contribution to the field of Infant Mental Health in Wisconsin in these areas: Promoting Professional Capacity, Fostering Partnerships, Supporting Policies in the best interest of infants, young children and their families, Overall Scope of Impact.
- The nominee with the most votes will be selected to receive the award.
- The award recipient and their nominator will be notified in early March 2018.
- The Award will be presented to the award recipient at a lunch ceremony on the 2018 Wisconsin Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Conference on June 12, 2018.
Download the nomination form here!