The 2017 James R. Ryan Memorial Award
The James R. Ryan Memorial Award is given by the Wisconsin Alliance for Infant Mental Health (WI-AIMH) to an individual who has made a significant contribution to the social-emotional development of infants, young children and their families within a Wisconsin community, thus demonstrating a commitment to the mission and vision of WI -AIMH:
Vision: We aim for all Wisconsin infants and young children to reach their fullest potential through nurturing and consistent relationships within the context of family, community, and culture.
Mission: WI-AIMH strives to promote infant mental health through building awareness, promoting professional capacity, fostering partnerships and supporting policies in the best interest of infants, young children and their families.
Jim Ryan, Co-founder and Godfather of WI-AIMH, was tireless in his efforts to improve the lives of individuals and groups in his local community and state. His passion to make life better for all children was evident in his lifetime efforts to collaborate with others in political, service, and advocacy arenas. The James R. Ryan Memorial Award honors his contribution to the establishment of the
Wisconsin Alliance for Infant Mental Health.
Any interested party may nominate an individual who has made a significant contribution to promote Infant Mental Health through building awareness, promoting professional capacity, fostering partnerships and supporting policies in the best interest of infants, young children and their families.
One complimentary full conference registration will be awarded to the award recipient.
Please complete and submit the Nomination Form by February 1, 2017 to:
Mail: Wisconsin Alliance for Infant Mental Health
ATTN: Kathie Snitker-Magin
133 S. Butler St., Suite 340
Madison, WI 53703
Fax: (608) 441-8920
REVIEW, SELECTION and PRESENTATION
- Nominations will be accepted until February 1, 2017.
- WI-AIMH will review and post complete applications on WI-AIMH’s website on February 6, 2016.
- Voting by current WI-AIMH members will be open from February 7 through February 17, 2016.
- The following criteria will be considered in determining the awardee: The individual goes above and beyond in achieving at least one of the following: promoting professional capacity, fostering partnerships, supporting policies supporting in the best interest of infants, young children and their families.
- Finalists will be ranked on a scale of 1-5 based on the key qualities of the award (Building Awareness, Increasing Professional Capacity, Fostering Partnerships, Supporting Policies, and Overall Scope of Impact).
- The top candidates based on member voting will be presented to the WI -AIMH Board for final determination.
- The nominee with the top score will be selected to receive the award.
- The award recipient and their nominator will be notified in early March 2017.
- The Award will be presented to the award recipient at a lunch ceremony on the 2017 Wisconsin Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Conference on June 14, 2017.
Download the 2017 Nomination Form.