WI-AIMH Reflective Supervision Learning Collaborative
The WI-AIMH Reflective Supervision Learning Collaborative (RSLC) is a 12-month process comprised of in-person learning sessions, and active implementation phases, with built-in support throughout the process. It is designed for supervisors within a range of infant/early childhood programs—including, but not limited to:
· Birth to 3
· Home Visiting
· Early Care and Education
· Child Welfare programs
No previous experience providing reflective supervision is necessary, although it is helpful to have some basic knowledge and understanding of reflective supervision.
In the 12-month RSLC program, participants:
· Learn the essential elements of RS, as well as structural tools and strategies to build, sustain, and deepen reflective practice
· Broaden understanding and increase confidence in supporting others through reflection
· Learn how to implement and sustain RS within their program, which will result in a return in investment and enhanced agency practice for years to come
· Observe RS sessions, participate in small group discussion, and share experiences and reactions to the work with peers working towards the same goals
· Learn in a relaxed, team-based environment that builds from the collective knowledge and experience of the group
· Receive up to 24 hours of reflective consultation which can be applied towards IMH-Endorsement®, as well as additional support from WI-AIMH in applying for IMH-Endorsement®
· Connect with peers, broaden professional networks and learn about additional training and professional development to stay connected and continue to develop IMH competencies and skills
Reflective Supervision Learning Collaborative—Training Dates
The 5 in-person learning sessions:
Day 1: June 13, 2019 (tentative)—8 hours
Day 2: October 14, 2019—WI-AIMH Conference
Day 3: October 15, 2019—WI-AIMH Conference
Day 4: February 18, 2020 (tentative)—8 hours
Day 5: May 12, 2020 (tentative)—8 hours
Reflective Supervision Learning Collaborative—Monthly Reflective Consultation
Each participant will receive up to 24 hours of reflective consultation by an experienced reflective supervisor/consultant. The monthly, 2-hour reflective consultation groups will begin in July 2019 and end in July 2020. These groups will be in person, located regionally and include up to 6 people. The monthly reflective consultation hours that participants receive will meet the requirements for reflective supervision for IMH-Endorsement®. In turn, the reflective supervision hours that supervisors provide to their local staff members may prepare staff for their own IMH-Endorsement® application.
Reflective Supervision Learning Collaborative—Costs
The cost of the 12-month learning collaborative is $1,000/participant. This value includes:
· all five training days
· attendance at the 2019 WI-AIMH conference
· monthly, 2-hour group reflective consultation facilitated by a qualified IMH consultant
· all training materials
· IMH-Endorsement® registration fee
Reflective Supervision Learning Collaborative—Requirements
The learning collaborative is designed for master’s prepared professionals who supervise infant/early childhood professionals and are ready to implement reflective supervision within their programs and pursue IMH Endorsement® upon completion of the learning collaborative experience.
Wisconsin is working towards increasing the capacity of Endorsed professionals that can provide Reflective Supervision to others. This educational criterion is consistent with IMH Endorsement® standards for Reflective Supervisors.
We recognize that many infant/early childhood professionals without a master’s degree possess the knowledge and values inherent in good reflective practice. If you don’t have a master’s degree, we encourage you to complete the RSLC application and emphasize training, experience, and/or personal/professional insights that have led to your interest in attending the RSLC.